Friday, June 5, 2009

Cattle statues, Sri Mariamman Temple, Singapore, 2009


This is a watercolor painting that I just completed this morning. Chiaroscuro in style, it is of the two cattle statues that detail the cornerstone of the Sri Mariamman Hindu Temple at the corner of South Bridge and Pagoda Streets in Singapore. I took a picture of the Temple when I was there in 1997 on business, and decided that the cattle would make for a great watercolor painting. So, I searched the web and found the photo below in a flickr album.



One never sees architectural details like this in the United States! I am blessed that I had the opportunity to travel to Singapore and see this and thus make this painting. I will continue to make paintings from my travel to Singapore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really have a gift for painting !
Dyppsoa

Sue said...

This one is one of my favorites, but if you see the painting in person, I can show you my mistakes.